2. We have this unique connection. Not only the mom-baby bond, but now when someone does something weird or whatever we give weird looks to the person and then look at each other to acknowledge the oddity of it. I love it!
3. Having a constant companion. Sometimes it can be stressful, but there is something reassuring knowing wherever I go she goes with me.
4. Nighttime. I don't mean the lack of sleep, but putting her to bed and she is falling asleep and snuggling against me just melts me. There is a feeling of accomplishment with making it through another day and knowing we are growing together.
5. Being able to read her. At first it seemed like whenever she cried it was a guessing game, but now I know. It's so relieving knowing more now and being able to tend to her needs much quicker.
6. Watching her grow and reach milestones. I have never been so excited to see someone roll over or grab something. Seeing her developing is amazing!
7. Having someone who loves me unconditionally even when I screw up. Lily never judges me or recalls the past mistakes. Even when I let her cry it out for the 2 days whenever I came into the room to get her or try to soothe her, she would stop crying when she saw me. She then broke out into a huge smile which made me feel like the worst parent ever!
8. Going out into public with her. It's my way of showing her off to the world and loving every minute of it!!
9. The excitement I feel when I I hold her again after I have been away from her for awhile. It makes me feel like I am complete with her with me again.
I know some may wonder why I am vocalizing this on a blog, but I just had to. At times I know I take things for granted with her. This gives me the opportunity to brag more about my girl and remind myself about the little things that make me love her more and more everyday. Having a baby changes your life forever. It's no longer your life. At times I look back and think about the things I miss such as sleep and being able to pick up and go whenever I wanted, but I can't imagine my life without her anymore. There will be a day when I sleep again, when I can be more mobile and for now I want to enjoy her as much as possible.