Friday, April 8, 2011

Much needed update!

It seems like every time I have the intention to sit down and catch up on blogging I either am too tired to try or get up and literally forget what I was doing. Oh the joys of having a baby!
Speaking of joys of a baby, I love my baby girl!! Lily is so much fun to have around and I am quite lucky to be able to enjoy her everyday all day. She is already 3 months old! I remember when her cute little bum fit in the palm of my hand and she would sleep on me all day. Now she is fitting into 3-6 month clothes, rolling over (she did it 5 times yesterday!!), and sleeping much less during the day. She no longer has to sleep on either of us which is nice at nighttime and enjoys her swing which she currently sleeps in. We are trying to figure out the best transition for her from the swing to her crib. I tried the crying it out for 2 days and I was done. It was too hard to listen to her screaming in our room and then going in to soothe her only for her to react with a huge smile on her face and excitedly start flailing. I felt so awful for her to have such a positive happy reaction to seeing me when I was the one who put her in there and let her cry! I realized I would so much rather take more time and do a slower transition. I thought I was so tough only to realize I am such a softie with her. Of course there is nothing wrong with that!
Lily is doing so well during the night that when she started waking up twice during the night I thought something was wrong only to realize it's completely normal. Lily has been so good to only wake 1 time that I got spoiled by it. In the mornings when she wakes up she starts making noises and sometimes just yells out at me to notify me she is awake. Her swing faces our bed and is directly below me so when I sit up she can see me. Every morning I am greeted by her happy face and a giant smile. There is no better way to wake up!
I find that I now no longer have much time to do things for myself such as getting ready, doing laundry, etc... I have made Lily my buddy when doing these things so she isn't bored and I can play with her while working. I have to brag for a moment and say that I feel quite accomplished with being able to do these things while keeping a baby entertained. I definitely was naive in my thinking when I pictured Fred coming home from work to a clean house and dinner cooking with a happy baby in her bouncing seat. Sometimes it's more like Fred coming home to a mess with dinner still yet to be made and, sadly, sometimes a screaming baby.
Speaking of Fred, he is still working as a case manager, but is now actively seeking a therapist position. He is eager to start putting hours toward his LCSW and is wanting to get into therapy. He works so hard and comes home just to put in more hours with Lily and I. He is so good to make dinner, do the dishes, and/or take Lily so I can have a little break to do something around the house. He gets up at night to get Lily when she wakes up so I can get ready to feed her and on the weekends she is constantly spoiled by his love and attention. I feel so lucky that Fred is so actively involved with Lily and helps out a ton. Sometimes even saving what is left of my sanity. I just love him!!
As for me there is nothing really to update on. Just trying to get the hang of being a mom and getting to know Lily better each day. It's amazing how much my life revolves around such a tiny person, but how much joy I get from it. I really never thought being a mom could be this satisfying. People often ask me if being a mom is what I thought it would be. I always reply with "No. It's a lot harder than I thought, but more rewarding than I could ever imagine." Despite what kind of day I have had with Lily, at the end of it as I lay her down to sleep I continually thank God for her. My life couldn't be more blessed than it is now with a sweet sacrificing husband and a sweet happy baby girl.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! Thank you for the updates! We need to get together again!

    ReplyDelete